Quebec Self-Employed Worker Program
Quebec self-employed worker Program
Candidates who can establish themselves as independent trades person or professional in the Quebec Province may apply for Permanent Residence (PR) under this program. They have to abide to the following conditions:
- Organize the work;
- Provision of required tools and equipment;
- Choose the right means of work performance;
- Undertake most of the specialized duties; and
- Collect profits and compensate for the loss risks resulting from the business.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Foreign self-employed candidates will score points for factors such as
- Education Level;
- Areas of Training;
- Language proficiency in both French and English;
- Financial self-sufficiency/deposit funds/financial resources and
- Family in Quebec
- According to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI), the self employed candidate must be at least 18 years of age;
- Secondary school general diploma;
Professional self-employed Experience
- After establishing themselves in Quebec, candidates need a minimum of two years experience in the profession or trade that they intend to practice;
- Passing score is 99 points in all factors under the Quebec’s Economic class selection grid. Candidates who are accompanied by their spouse or common-law partner can score additional points up to 112;
Minimum Net worth
- Have legal minimum net worth of CAD$ 100,000;
Deposit Start-up funds
- To be selected, candidates who are located in Montreal must invest a start–up sum amounting to $ 50,000 or more in a local financial institution. For those living outside Montreal will have to invest at least $ 25,000;
- If they get selected, candidates must show the intention of settling in Quebec;
- At the final step to the application, candidates will have to attend a selection interview;
- submit proof of financial self-sufficiency.
Don’t forget to sign up!
Stay informed on our latest news!
- 74 Burgby Avenue, Brampton, Ontario, L6X 3A4, Canada
- 2nd Floor, Popular Printing Building, 12 Leoville L'homme Street, Port Louis, Mauritius